The Radio Television Digital News Association announced their 2014 Edward R. Murrow Award Winners today. Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey make up Region 11 with eight awards coming to the Pittsburgh area.
- WTAE-TV (4) wins for OVERALL EXCELLENCE in large market television.
- WTAJ-TV (10 Altoona) wins in the BREAKING NEWS category for “Bomb Threat” (Blair County Courthouse) in small market television.
- WQED-TV (13) wins in the NEWS DOCUMENTARY category for “Elizabeth Black” in large market television.
- KDKA-TV (2) wins in the REPORTING: HARD NEWS category for “Dangerous Windows” in large market television.
- WESA-FM (90.5) wins in the USE OF SOUND/VIDEO category for “Dirty Dozen” in large market radio.
- WESA-FM (90.5) wins in the WEBSITE category for WESA.fm in large market radio.
- WTAE-TV (4) wins in the WEBSITE category for WTAE.com in large market television.
- The Allegheny Front wins in the NEWS SERIES category for “The Coming Chemical Boom“.