- Is anyone else not surprised by Howard Stern’s “last minute” contract agreement? Although I don’t listen to the “King of Broadcasting”, the stories and items I have been reading reeked of schtick. Maybe I’m wrong… it wouldn’t be the first time. Stern has re-upped for another 5 years on Sirius-XM.
- Speaking of the Satcaster, have you been listening to the Holiday Channels? Mrs. PBRTV has decided she’s not liking “Holly” (XM-23; Siri-3 thru December 31) this year. Apparently even she prefers “Holiday Traditions” (XM & Siri-4 thru January 1) as do I. Also enjoyable for Classical Music lovers – “Holiday Pops” (XM-77; Siri-79 thru December 25). Neither one of us being Country music lovers, we have not tried “Country Christmas” (XM-10; Siri 62 thru December 25).
- Over the last 9 days, “Escape” (XM-28; Siri-76) has been “Radio Hanukkah” but will revert back to beautiful music Escape at midnight complete with an increasing sprinkling of beautiful music Christmas covers. One suspects that Escape would have started the Christmas sprinklings on the day after Thanksgiving had the Radio Hanukkah format not taken the last 9 days.
- Locally, Christmas came to WWSW-FM (94.5) and WSHH-FM (99.7) on November 19. When it’s released in January, the December book should have some indication as to what the flips did for the stations this year.
- Why was KDKA-AM’s move from One Gateway Center to Foster Plaza a secret? The world may never know… (unless someone is willing to tell us…) 🙂